Stylish, iconic and instantly recognisable, footwear from UGG is a fashionable investment that’s definitely worth protecting.
Many people come to us and ask the question, “are UGG boots waterproof?” The answer, in short, is no, they’re not! Given that UGGs are made from soft sheepskin, they’re not intended for climates that experience lots of precipitation – and we definitely wouldn’t recommend jumping through puddles in them!
However, you can take measures to protect your prized UGG boots against moisture; our team here at Daniel Footwear have drawn together some trusty information on protection as well as how to clean UGG boots.
Protecting UGG Boots
Of course, the best way to protect your UGG boots is with UGG boots protection spray. This product is made especially for UGG boots, shoes and slippers and will ensure that your footwear is kept looking box fresh and brand new.
UGG ensure that their products are completely ethical and planet-friendly too, and their protective spray is free from animal products, non-toxic and completely biodegradable too.
Here’s how to use it:
- Apply your UGG boots protection spray before wearing your new footwear
- First of all, ensure that the footwear is clean and dry
- Apply the protective spray outdoors or in a well-ventilated area
- Shake the bottle well and hold around 6 inches from the footwear
- Spray with an even coat until the footwear is wet – but not soaked
- Allow the footwear to dry naturally in a cool, ventilated space away from heat and direct sunlight for 24 hours
- When dry, brush the footwear with a suede brush in one direction
How to Clean UGG Boots
As is the case with all footwear, eventually your UGGs will begin to show some signs of wear or pick up a little dirt here and there. When it comes to cleaning your UGG boots, we recommend following these simple steps with UGG sheepskin cleaner and conditioner to ensure that your UGG footwear remains in amazing condition for many years to come.
Here’s what to do:
- Dampen the footwear with a sponge and clean water
- Apply a small amount of the UGG cleaner and conditioner to the damp sponge and gently scrub the entire surface of your footwear
- Following this, use a clean, damp sponge to rub away any excess residue
- Again, allow the footwear at least 24 hours to dry naturally in a cool, ventilated space away from heat and direct sunlight (we recommend stuffing the footwear with paper help maintain shape and speed up the drying process)
- Once dry, repeat the above steps and re-protect your footwear with UGG boots protection spray to keep them in fantastic condition for longer
There you have it, our quick and simple steps to ensure that your UGG boots are safeguarded from the elements and looking stylish throughout every season!
If you’re looking for more advice on how to protect and care for your favourite footwear, why not contact our friendly team at Daniel Footwear or drop us a line on one of our social media channels via the icons below?